Saturday, May 19, 2012

Best Dressed Celebrities of the Week

     Week six of the 'Best Dressed Celebrities of the Week' blog post is jam-packed with (in my opinion) the best looks so far! So many big events have been taking place this week, giving celebrities a great reason to dress up and look even more fabulous than usual. One of these events is the annual Cannes Film Festival held in Cannes, France. This year, the film festival has brought out some of the biggest names in Hollywood such as: Naomi Watts, Salma Hayek, Shia LaBeouf, Gerard Butler, Jessica Chastain, Tilda Swinton, Shailene Woodley, Lana Del Rey, Sean Penn, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jane Fonda, and the list goes on and on!     
     With the film festival comes extraoidinary red carpet fashion. The bright colors trend continues to make appearances on the red carpet along with partially sheer gowns and the always elegant sparkly gowns, or "glitter gowns" as I like to call them. Something that I especially loved seeing was several haute couture gowns on the red carpet at the festival. The celebrities definitely kicked it up a level this year, leaving fashionistas like myself very pleased!
     This week also consisted of a handful of movie premieres around the world. One in particular was Snow White and the Huntsman (SWATH), which I am DYING to see. I've read that Charlize Theron gives her best performance yet in the film and seeing that I am already completely enthralled by her talent and style, the film is going to be even more perfect for me to go see (you can watch the trailer for SWATH below). Nonetheless, Charlize and co-star Kristen Stewart have been consistently looking beyond major at every premiere thus far.

xoxo, Taylor.

Now...here are my five best dressed celebrities of the week!!!
5. Actress Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Haute Couture at Empire Leicester Square in London, England for the premiere of her new film, SWATH. I have been anxiously waiting for a celebrity to wear a gown from Christian Dior's phenomenal Haute Couture Spring 2012 show, so when I saw Theron in one I freaked! This gown looks so incredibly amazing on her it's not even funny. I love how the entire skirt of the dress is sheer and how the fabric crosses at her chest and wraps around her neck. She just looks so chic and the emerald earrings look beautiful with the dress! I also loved her sexy smoky eye!
4. Desperate Housewives actress Eva Longoria in a stunning Marchesa gown, Brian Atwood pumps, and Damiani jewels at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France, for the opening ceremony of the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This gown is coincidently my favorite Marchesa gown ever! It is from the fashion line's Fall 2011 RTW collection, which in the fashion world, was ages ago. However, I remember being so disappointed that no celebrity ever wore this gown because it is unbelievably exquisite! So you can imagine my extreme happiness when I saw Longoria emerge onto the red carpet in it. She looks very elegant and glamorous in this gown. It was perfection!
3. Twilight actress Kristen Stewart (left) wearing a BCBG mini dress and Christian Louboutin black pumps at photo call for SWATH at Casa de America in Madrid, Spain. Stewart (center) in a Marchesa gown, Kara Ackerman Designs rings and Jimmy Choo heels at Empire Leicester Square in London, England for the Madrid premiere of SWATH. Stewart again (right) wearing a 10 Crosby Derek Lam dress with a McQ belt, and Christian Louboutin heels at a photo call for SWATH at the Ritz-Carlton in Berlin, Germany. I really respect Stewart's "badass" style and I think it presents itself in all three of these awesome looks. I love how she incorporates a little edge into every one of these outfits, whether it be with her smoky make-up, braided hair, or leather belt. She is a celebrity who knows exactly who they are and dresses to be that person.
2. Actress Diane Kruger (left) in a Versus mini dress and Jimmy Choo heels at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival's jury photo call held at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France. Kruger (left center) wearing a gorgeous Giambattista Valli couture gown at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, held at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France. Kruger again (center right) in Jason Wu at the Haiti Carnival in Cannes event during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France. Finally, Kruger (right) wearing head-to-toe Balmain while attending the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France. I was seriously blown away by Kruger's insane sense of style throughout the film festival. She has nailed it at every single portion of the festival and she looks incredible. I love the cut-outs, short skirts, lace, and couture gowns that she chose to wear. I think she is perfectly aware of her age and how to dress appropriately for it. Kruger has earned herself a spot on my list of Hollywood's most stylish fashionistas! 
1. Actress Freida Pinto wearing an Atelier Versace Haute Couture gown at the premiere of her latest film Rust & Bone during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, held at Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France. This dress is everything! The color, the sheer and lace, and the gold accents on the hips are incredible and I love how great it looks on her body and against her skin tone. I also really liked her hair pulled back in a sleek and sexy ponytail. She looks so mature and not to mention FLAWLESS! Freida Pinto is my best dressed celebrity of the week!

Photos Courtesy of: JustJared.com and Vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment