Friday, May 11, 2012

2012 Met Gala's Best Dressed

     We all know that award shows like the Oscars, Emmys and Golden Globes are several of the most prestigious and glamorous events in Hollywood. However, it's when May comes upon us that we get a glimpse into the most fabulous and most fashionable event of the year...the Met Costume Institute Gala (nicknamed the "Oscars of the East Coast"). And who better to host said event than the ruler of the American fashion world Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of VOGUE. Wintour hand selects each and every guest who gets to attend the Gala, insuring that only the cream of the crop is invited.
     The Met has held this event every year since 1948 to celebrate the annual opening of its fashion exhibit at the Costume Institute. This year the exhibit is called "Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations," which pretends as if the two designers are carrying on a conversation over dinner regarding their inspirations, lives, and careers. Pieces from their collections over the years are placed side-by-side throughout the exhibit to show viewers the similarities and differences of both designers' take on a woman and her figure. I personally think this exhibit would be extremely fascinating to see and experience!
    The most exciting part of the entire event is the red carpet fashion! This is the time for the stars to shine and show how fashion-forward they truly are. This year's red carpet fashion did not disappoint! I loved all of the bright colors, textures, and best of all...sparkles! The stars really brought their fashion A-game to this event and I could not have been more thrilled. I loved all of the gowns so much that it actually took me two days to narrow it down to my top ten best dressed! It wasn't easy but here they are...the 2012 Met Gala's ten best dressed celebrities!

xoxo, Taylor.


10. Actress Kate Bosworth in head-to-toe Gucci. This is the perfect dress for Bosworth! It's sexy, fun, and well put together. The texture of the dress is phenomenal and it moved so well with her body. The dress's open back made the look by adding the right amount of sex appeal. I also really like the small splash of maroon at the top of the dress and how she continued to emphasize the color with her clutch and lips. Now the shoes are to die for! Who doesn't love a blinged-out heel?! Another thing that I was so pleased with was Bosworth's hairstyle. If she would have taken a different route and worn it in a lower style or even down, it would have destroyed the look completely. The tightly pulled back high bun was an excellent choice! Bravo my dear!
9. Actress Cameron Diaz wearing Stella McCartney. Diaz's body is one that is very athletic and can be hard to make it look curvy and womanly but she totally accomplished that in this gown! The way it falls on her and hugs every inch of her body is incredible. It almost looks as if she is dripping gold! Diaz looks so elegant and poised, making this gown the best option for her. I was glad that she kept her accessories very minimal so they would not risk overpowering the gown. I also liked how she stuck with her naturally sexy look by wearing her hair in a messy updo and allowing her make-up to be simple. She looks stunning!
8. Actress Emma Stone in Lanvin. Words cannot express how excited I was that Stone not only wore Lanvin (who she has been very loyal to throughout her career) but she also was also the brand's creative director, Alber Elbaz's date for the evening! I think this is a darling dress and it works so well for Stone because it goes with her quirky personality and her age. I also really love how detailed the dress is! Elbaz told VOGUE.com on the red carpet that there are over 3,000 plastic flowers sewn onto the dress. I mean, it is just phenomenal! Other things that were phenomenal were Stone's hairstyle and hairpiece. The hairstyle could not have been more perfect for the dress by keeping it youthful and fun. As always, I'm obsessed with Emma Stone and her red carpet style!
7. Actress Amber Heard wearing Zac Posen. This entire look screams old-fashioned Hollywood glamour and I could not be more obsessed with it! First of all, the color of the gown is amazing and it fits Heard's body so well. Secondly, I love the detailing in the back of the gown and not to mention how well it photographs! Her hair was very chic and reiterated the old-fashioned Hollywood glamour feel of the look. The only thing that makes this gown even better is the fact that it was accompanied by Zac Posen himself!
6. Singer, actress, and new mom Beyonce in Givenchy Haute Couture. Beyonce was the last star to arrive at the event, and for very good reason...a MAJOR fashion statement! Beyonce looks immaculate in this gown. This is her saying to the world, "I just had a baby and I look better than ever!" This gown has so much detail that it's almost unbelievable. I love love love all of the bead work throughout the gown and how the feathers emerge at the bottom and turn from black to a rich purple.  I also noticed that the sleeves are complete gloves that cover her hands too, adding even more detail to the gown. I think Beyonce nailed it and she proved to us that her recent title as People magazine's "World's Most Beautiful Woman" is well deserved!
5. Actress Camilla Belle wearing Ralph Lauren. Before I even get to the gown, I have to talk about how major Belle's hair and make-up is! This beauty look channeled a '20's siren and went perfectly with the deco-inspired gown. I really like how dramatic the lips are and the low bun hairstyle. Now for the beautiful and sensual gown Belle wore...she looks flawless! The plunging sheer neckline and open back are so brilliant and make her look very mature and sophisticated. I think this look was perfect for the Met Gala and she is a true beauty in this gown!
4. Victoria's Secret Angel Chanel Iman in Tom Ford, with the one and only Tom Ford. I was so shocked when I saw Iman arriving alongside Tom Ford wearing his design because to be honest, I am normally not a fan of her style but she looked BEAUTIFUL! Everything from head-to-toe was just utter perfection. The big hair, smoky eyes, red nails, diamond earrings, and breath-taking gown all flowed so well together and the whole look just made sense. I was very proud of Ms. Iman because I felt like this was her opportunity to be a fashion star and she definitely took full advantage and shined!
3. Actress January Jones wearing Versace Haute Couture. The Versace Spring 2012 Haute Couture show was one of my absolute favorites! I think Donatella is a designer who really understands the female body and designs to flatter it, which is exactly what this dress does! I am also currently crazy about peplums so this dress was just everything for me. The yellow hue, the gold accents and the fit were all so perfect that I could barely contain myself. I mean just look at how rocking her body is in this dress! And she recently had a baby! I also really liked how she matched the turquoise necklace with the yellow dress. The combination of the two made the dress more feminine rather than edgy. January Jones KILLED IT!
2. Actress Emily Blunt in Calvin Klein Collection. Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD...this dress almost leaves me speechless! Blunt has been on a roll lately when it comes to her fashion choices and this dress was extraordinary. The fabric is so beautiful and fits her body so well! I am bananas about the pink/salmon hue of this dress and also the side cut-outs and open back! I love how effortlessly gorgeous Blunt looks in it and her hair works very well with the dress since she kept it simple. Bottom line...I am just overjoyed about this dress and it is my favorite look that Blunt has ever worn. Fabulous!
1. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow wearing head-to-toe Prada. For those who don't already know...Gwyneth Paltrow is one of my favorite fashionistas in Hollywood. There is never an event or red carpet where she does not steal the show. She never ceases to amaze me with her fashion choices and I think it is safe to say she is one of the most fashionable women in the world. That being said, the second I saw Paltrow in this sexy little Prada number I knew she was my #1 pick. The tints of pastel purple and gray are so beautiful and they look great against Paltrow's fair skin. I love how the dress has a high-low skirt, showing off her ridiculously toned legs! I also think the sequined side pockets are so fun and creative, adding that extra punch to the dress. But the best part of the entire dress is the high neckline and the revealing sides/back. Paltrow is the only 39-year-old who can pull something off that is this revealing and sexy. Moving on to the accessories...beyond incredible! The pumps match perfectly with the sequined pockets and the heels on the pumps are awesome! Lastly, the gorgeous pair of diamond hoop earrings, which I love these so much! With full confidence, I can say that Gwyneth Paltrow was the #1 best dressed celebrity at the 2012 Met Gala!!!


 Photos Courtesy of: Huffingtonpost.com




No comments:

Post a Comment